Sluggish mouse (acceleration) solutions?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by belltree, Jul 23, 2010.

1. belltree macrumors 6502

I'm a recent convert to using OS X as my main desktop and I'm loving it so far but with as with anything new I have a few gripes. One of the top being the sluggish feeling of the mouse movements. I have read of a few solutions to this and would like to get your expert opinions on what is the best route to go?

Microsoft Intellipoint - I just got away from these guys and it looks like I'm crawling back to them to resolve my mousing issues. Is anyone using Intellipoint with their mouse on OS X that can provide any comments?

Does it work only with Microsoft Mice (I assume yes) and can the drivers/software be cleanly uninstalled (appcleaner?) or does it cause a grand headache and leave a mess behind?

USB Overdrive - this appears to work with almost all mice but does it actually resolve the acceleration curve issue? Does this also cleanly uninstall?

Also, does logitech or any other hardware vendor offer a software driver that resolves this issue?
    Appreciate any feedback on the above two or any other solutions. Thanks.

2. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

Have you tried to go to settings and change the speed of the mouse there?
    [​IMG]

3. belltree thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi MacKeeperFanMod. Thanks for your comment, unfortunately this does not resolve the matter. This is actually a known issue with OS X that only former Windows tend to be bothered by.

4. toolate macrumors newbie

I'm using it, with overriding default MacOS mouse behaviour option of course. Feels natural, 100% like in Windows (switched to Mac a year ago).