Sluggish OS/Mouse?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SeFu, Aug 29, 2012.

1. SeFu macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have been having problems with my mac for a couple of weeks now. Its sluggish. When I say that, I mean that mouse movement is strange and jumpy.

Moving my mouse between objects/apps it will jump sometimes over my intended target during a "hiccup" where the computer seems to just get bogged down momentarily.

I have done tons of research on Mac Maintenance and performed all of the disk maintenance etc with no luck.

I am running out of things to try and am hoping that someone here may have had similar situation and was able to work through it?

I am on OSX Lion...

2. simsaladimbamba

3. SeFu thread starter macrumors newbie

hey there thank you for the quick reply, I did so already and didnt find anything conclusive, though Google did seem to be eating up MUCH more than I expected which is what lead me to the idea that it may be Chrome.

However, I just disconnected my USB wireless mouse and reconnected my Magic Mouse, and it seems to be performing better.

I have never actually had a wireless mouse go bad on me before, could this behavior be that of a wireless mouse going bad?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Yes. That or bad batteries in the wireless device..Try swapping them...Battery meters are notoriously inaccurate.

5. SeFu thread starter macrumors newbie

battery replacement didnt seem to improve it.

10 or so minutes now on my old mouse and everything seems better now.
    Think I may have finally found the solution!

6. tomllama macrumors regular

FWIW, I stopped using Chrome last week due to problems it started causing with my system. I had been running Chrome for years without issue. Then 2 weeks ago I started to have problems. Everything ran fine until I'd open Chrome. Then I'd get lots and lots of spinning beach balls and a totally unresponsive system. After lots of work (remove and reload chrome, restore the OS, etc) I called Apple and with the Sr Tech came to the conclusion it was chrome and not hardware or anything else. She said it was a know issue with Chrome and no fix known yet.

I run 10.7.4 on a MP4,1. Since removing Chrome from the system, all is running fine again.