Sluggish when waking from sleep...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by S600MBUSA, Sep 10, 2007.

1. S600MBUSA macrumors regular

Every now and then, maybe 1 out of 20-25 times, when I wake my MB Pro from sleep, the cursor and typing are sluggish, i.e., they don't keep up with my input at real-time. I've noticed that much of the time, it happens after the MB Pro is very slow to go from black sleep screen to login screen. In order to correct the problem, I have to restart the computer.

I am on a 2.4 GHz MBP, 15 inch screen, OS 10.4.10, and running iTunes, Firefox, and rarely anything else when going in and out of sleep.

Anyone have a solution?

2. S600MBUSA thread starter macrumors regular

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Sometimes happens to me too!

But I figure the harddrive is just warming up after a long sleep;)

4. KeenMetal macrumors newbie

Had the same problem on my MacBook Pro in Tiger, but only happened twice to me over the past months - havent had it yet since my Leopard install.

5. monjones macrumors member

i get this too. it's very annoying. i think it's related to airport - it seems to be doing something to try to connect to a wireless network (i move around a lot and often when i open the lid, it's connecting to a different network than when it went to sleep). if i turn airport off, the problem goes away, but then comes straight back when i turn it back on. rebooting is the only solution i've found so far...

6. hippo206 macrumors 6502

i used to get that too, but there was late sept-early oct update(i forget which month) that addressed that and fixed it.... Ever since then it has never happen to me.

Edit:

was right around the time this post was created, i remember watching this post as it was happening to me, but after leopard this went away.

7. computergeek macrumors member

when the macbook is in sleep mode is it still using battery.....and is it safe to transport in sleep mode.

8. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

Had a huge ordeal with my MBP and this to the point it wouldnt even start up. Sent 3 emails to steve job addys and got a call this monday from a general manager who promised a fix by the end of this week or a new machine.

Ends up the new safe sleep mode that apple implemented is to blame, when you put to sleep, it stores the 4gig of ram onto the HD, so any corruption from old files can slowly eat towards your hd and ram apparently.

They replacing ram and HD and I get the computer tomorrow with 320 gig WD & 4 gig ram will see how that does

9. monjones macrumors member

i found the solution on another thread - the problem was being caused by the iStat widget. as soon as i uninstalled it everything seemed fine again and i have had no further incidents. hope that helps others.

10. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Yep!