Slvr from verizon for mac?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carve, Jul 19, 2007.

1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Hey all! I am due for my new phone for verizon. I am interested in getting the slvr for me. But, I was wondering if I got the phone if I could still put my iTunes music on there, or if they turned that feature off. I would get the iPhone it is just that my whole friends and family use verizon. Cheers, macluver101

2. zflauaus macrumors 65816

This belongs in the General Discussion forum. But no, the Verizon SLVR won't let you transfer iTunes songs because Verizon has mutilated the SLVR with their own UI. Basically, the SLVR is nothing like the other SLVR's on other networks.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

It'll likely to have some crippled music player and I wouldn't doubt that it won't let you play AAC purchases from the iTunes store.

4. Jopling macrumors 6502

The iTunes on SLVR was exclusive to ATT/Cingular. I got it and it was terrible. Youre better off just getting something different, burning your protected songs and then reimporting them and throwing them on the phone's memory.
    I got a Sony Ericsson W810i and flashed it so I can use my full length mp3 songs as my ringtones without paying a cent.

5. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Leave while you can!!! *gives mortified expression*

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Here here!!

Verizon beats its phones before it sells them on its network!

7. jdechko macrumors 68040

I have the SLVR L7c (Verizon) and it does have the mutilated UI. But I can confirm that the phone will play mp3s and 3gp encoded videos. But beware, it's not a music phone even though it has that capability. I rarely will even fire up the music player anymore. Verizon has much better choices if you want a music player phone (the new LG Chocolate might be a good choice - it supports up to 4GB TF whereas the L7c and most others only support 2GB). Also, the L7c only has a VGA camera (WTF?) which will do in a pinch, but it really sucks.

Overall, I'm not really sorry I went with this phone; it's definitely not a bad phone. It's just that my heart really wasn't with the phone anyway, and I plan on switching to AT&T for an iPhone when this contract comes to a close. I basically bought this phone because it was cheap and it wasn't too bad.

8. jdechko macrumors 68040

EDIT: Double post. Sorry. Mods please delete.

Thanks

9. puzzle macrumors newbie

Yeah, I would get an LG 8550 (chocolate slide), 8600 (chocolate flip), or the 8700 (shine) over the l7c. Motorola is not appealing anymore.

10. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Does that thing sync contact with OS X?

11. zflauaus macrumors 65816

It does, but only when used with BitPim.

12. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Ditch Verizon and switch to a sensible and non-money-stealing wireless provider.

13. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Such as?

14. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Haha, nice.

Even T-Mobile (considered the fairest of the top four) takes money for no good reason. Example? T-Mobile@Home.

Some people (like me) also can't switch from Verizon because they have great coverage wherever I go and all my friends use them so I get a great deal on texting and IN calling.