Smackbook on Leopard?

lilredmacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
now that I have leopard installed and ready on my computer, I'm just itching to link up Smackbook with Spaces. has anyone been able to get this to work? I mean, installing virtual desktop at this point seems redundant and in leopard, the options for customizing the sudden motion sensor seem almost endless.

xcrozx

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2007
If someone can get this work with Space on Leopard, this would be off tha hook!!! I've been searching for Smackbook on leopard, but apparently can't find none.
I appreciate in advance to the one that get this work, b/c in a matter of fact i know there'll be someone get it done heheh.

lilredmacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
totally! I mean, i know it's only a matter of time before someone figures it out, but i was just wondering if any of those master-scripters had gotten around to it yet.

aeiz

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2007
Got something similar functioning with LILT and a couple of applescripts I came up with.
Space to Right:
Code:
tell application "System Events"
	keystroke (ASCII character 29) using control down
end tell
Space to left:
Code:
	keystroke (ASCII character 28) using control down
end tell
Down:
Code:
	keystroke (ASCII character 31) using control down
end tell
Up:
Code:
	keystroke (ASCII character 30) using control down
end tell

aeiz

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2007
awesome! thanks! how exactly would you go about implementing those scripts?
Save each one as a separate applescript file and then you can set LILT (not free, but cheap. demo also available) to run the applescripts based on the movement or ambient light.

xcrozx

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2007
Sorry for being dumb, but i dont' get how exactly u get it work, please someone help me with this

wrboyce

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
I was searching for Smackbook and Spaces and found this.

http://smackleopard.blogspot.com/

Instructions and the files you will need.

You can also get smackleopard.command here:
http://cid-b6678c2775c7abd2.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/smackleopard.command
because the host linked on the web page sucks.

It's disappeared again.... Anyone know of another mirror?

That was more effort that it should've been.. Had to read the page source for the mirror the author links to... The link is in there!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.