Smackbook

EnigMoiD

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Most of you have probably heard of the Smackbook hack for Macbooks and Pros, but I've been wondering: Would the sudden impacts damage the hard drive over time?

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
I doubt it, it doesn't look like he's really smacking it, just lightly tapping it?

If it's of interest to you, you can get multiple desktops without roughing up your laptop:

DesktopManager.

[Edit] Oops, I didn't see that SmackBook was just a way of switching desktops in DesktopManager.

Certainly it's cool but a little bit unnecessary? Just map the commands to the buttons of your mouse, gestures on the screen, or keyboard shortcuts.

EnigMoiD

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
or use the version of Smackbook that uses the light sensor (if you have a mbpro).
Yeah, I've got a black macbook so the light sensor is out. Anyway, I've heard it's so sensitive that if you were to press esc or eject a disc it might switch.

I'm pretty much in my comfort zone now with Smackbook installed, I can fiddle with the macbook and move it without changing it, and for the most part the screen changes in the right direction when I "smack."