Smackbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EnigMoiD, Aug 10, 2007.

1. EnigMoiD macrumors member

Most of you have probably heard of the Smackbook hack for Macbooks and Pros, but I've been wondering: Would the sudden impacts damage the hard drive over time?

2. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I doubt it, it doesn't look like he's really smacking it, just lightly tapping it?

If it's of interest to you, you can get multiple desktops without roughing up your laptop:

DesktopManager.

[Edit] Oops, I didn't see that SmackBook was just a way of switching desktops in DesktopManager.

Certainly it's cool but a little bit unnecessary? Just map the commands to the buttons of your mouse, gestures on the screen, or keyboard shortcuts.

3. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

or use the version of Smackbook that uses the light sensor (if you have a mbpro).

4. EnigMoiD thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I've got a black macbook so the light sensor is out. Anyway, I've heard it's so sensitive that if you were to press esc or eject a disc it might switch.

I'm pretty much in my comfort zone now with Smackbook installed, I can fiddle with the macbook and move it without changing it, and for the most part the screen changes in the right direction when I "smack."

5. fsckminix6 macrumors regular

theres one that uses the light sensor? may i have the link?

6. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

No terminal, no skill, no nothing...

VirtueDesktops has light and motion stuff built in :)