Small amount of blacklight bleeding - return or keep?

xelaetaks

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Hey, just a question. Would you return your new iPad if it a few small light bleeds on the bottom and one on the side?

I mean it could be a little annoying but I'm thinking this is probably one of the better iPads even with a few light bleeds.

Just wonder what anyone thinks.

Thanks, and btw the clearness of the retina display is definetely nice, I think you can easily see how much clearer words look on websites and the like.

:apple:

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
Unless it's at a level that bothers you I would keep it. Despite what some say there is no LCD with no backlight bleed, just ones that are better or worse. It's a limitation of the technology.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
Hey, just a question. Would you return your new iPad if it a few small light bleeds on the bottom and one on the side?

I mean it could be a little annoying but I'm thinking this is probably one of the better iPads even with a few light bleeds.

Just wonder what anyone thinks.

Thanks, and btw the clearness of the retina display is definetely nice, I think you can easily see how much clearer words look on websites and the like.

:apple:
That is what mine is, I am keeping it, you never know what you may get in return.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I haven't noticed this issue or any other display problem with my own iPad but if I did I would exchange it. These things are expensive.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Unless it's at a level that bothers you I would keep it. Despite what some say there is no LCD with no backlight bleed, just ones that are better or worse. It's a limitation of the technology.
Exactly and especially with edge lit LED which the iPad is.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
This is strictly up to you, not anyone of us. You will get both sides of the fence on this question of yours, so now, YOU, make the decision.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
If he does decide to exchange it, how long does he have to do so? A year?

xelaetaks

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Thanks, I think I may keep it. I'll see if it's notciable over time. Also I think Apple gives you something like 10-30 days to exchange it from what I remember with the iPad 2, unless you actually have a year. Don't remember for sure. Maybe someone else does though. :apple:

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
Thanks, I think I may keep it. I'll see if it's noticable over time. Also I think Apple gives you something like 10-30 days to exchange it from what I remember with the iPad 2, unless you actually have a year. Don't remember for sure. Maybe someone else does though. :apple:
Yea, I took my brothers iPad 2 which was 6 months old and exchanged it by of light bleed, my brother was a casual user and I'd not know anything about light bleed at the time. They gave him a new one in wraps.