Small amount of blacklight bleeding - return or keep?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xelaetaks, Mar 23, 2012.

1. xelaetaks macrumors member

Hey, just a question. Would you return your new iPad if it a few small light bleeds on the bottom and one on the side?

I mean it could be a little annoying but I'm thinking this is probably one of the better iPads even with a few light bleeds.

Just wonder what anyone thinks.

Thanks, and btw the clearness of the retina display is definetely nice, I think you can easily see how much clearer words look on websites and the like.

:apple:

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Unless it's at a level that bothers you I would keep it. Despite what some say there is no LCD with no backlight bleed, just ones that are better or worse. It's a limitation of the technology.

3. LanEvo macrumors 6502

That is what mine is, I am keeping it, you never know what you may get in return.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I haven't noticed this issue or any other display problem with my own iPad but if I did I would exchange it. These things are expensive.

5. Dane9 macrumors member

No, man enjoy tour iPad. Don't try to find problems

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Exactly and especially with edge lit LED which the iPad is.

7. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

This is strictly up to you, not anyone of us. You will get both sides of the fence on this question of yours, so now, YOU, make the decision.

8. Khryz macrumors 6502a

If he does decide to exchange it, how long does he have to do so? A year?

9. xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I think I may keep it. I'll see if it's notciable over time. Also I think Apple gives you something like 10-30 days to exchange it from what I remember with the iPad 2, unless you actually have a year. Don't remember for sure. Maybe someone else does though. :apple:

10. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Yea, I took my brothers iPad 2 which was 6 months old and exchanged it by of light bleed, my brother was a casual user and I'd not know anything about light bleed at the time. They gave him a new one in wraps.

11. drober30 macrumors 6502a

If your asking that means you should exchange it.

12. Vastastheocean macrumors member

13. OnEMoReTrY macrumors member

Backlight bleeding imo is the least annoying issue that an iPad 3 can experience.