Small amount of light leak = normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mark.W, May 11, 2010.

1. Mark.W macrumors member

My 2010 13" Pro seems to have some blue/magenta light leaking from the bottom of the screen. This is only visible with the brightness turned up and against a black background (i.e. when watching a letterbox movie). It's quite different from the "typical" white light leak that I've witnessed on other lcds. Would this be "normal"?

Also - and this may seem like nit-picking - but my caps lock key feels a bit flimsier than the rest of the keys. Again - is this "normal"?

2. Hackint0sh macrumors member

Hackint0sh

3. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

The light leak is not normal, as for the key, you'd have to try and better describe how 'flimsy' it is. It's quite normal for keys to move around a bit.

4. brandonb123 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just got my BTO 15'' HR glossy yesterday, my enter key is the same way and I also have a little bit of this "light leak" you speak of but I figure its all under warranty so I'm not too worried about it. I could send it back but these are minor problems and I could get one back with stuck pix or something so it's good for me :)

5. shadygrove macrumors regular

My new MBP is actually one of the only panels I own that has ZERO light leak. I wouldn't settle for one of those screen IMO. I don't have any issues with my screen.

6. Bulldog321 macrumors newbie

My 15" HR screen has slight light leak. It is not apparent, unless I switch the wallpaper to pure black.

Also, both my caps lock key and my enter key have more "wiggle" (they rock forward and backwards) than the other keys.

7. shadygrove macrumors regular

I don't have loose keys either... Maybe I have just been using this style of keyboard for a long time now. I actually think my MBP keyboard is more durable than the PC laptops I have used.

8. Mark.W thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone. The light leak I'm referring to is only visible against a pure black background, with brightness turned all the way up and looking at the screen from above.

9. Garrus macrumors member

This is normal with ccfl backlight lcd screen... but with led backlight... :confused:

10. Mark.W thread starter macrumors member

It looks like this, except the blue at the bottom is less pronounced:

[​IMG]