Small Audio Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Feng Shui, May 26, 2008.

1. Feng Shui macrumors regular

Hello again. I'm into my second week with my mbp. Its running great, no problems, except for a possible one. When I start listening to audio, there is a soft, but noticeable, "click/pop" sound before the audio starts. I think this sound only comes from the left speaker. I haven't notice this until today. Can anyone confirm if this is a problem, and if it is, is it a serious one?

Thanks.

EDIT: This sound also occurs randomly when the speakers are not in use. I have the penry 15" base model.
    EDIT2: This sound occurs while the audio is playing, but rarely.

2. bart rijksen macrumors regular

Yes it is an issue. I have it too. If it is a major issue, it depends on yourself if you are very irritated by it. I just live with it.

3. mcbeej macrumors member

Yep, the audio circuitry on the MBP is appallingly bad. :(

4. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

I am on number 2 and yes I have had it on both. You can even hear the pop if the audio is muted. :mad: I am hoping that a future update will take care of this.

5. Feng Shui thread starter macrumors regular

just to confirm: this is not a hardware problem? and it occurs with eveyrone?

Thanks once again.

6. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

It's hardware. I had it on my old Core Duo MBP. When the logic board was replaced it went away.

This new MBP I have now doesn't have the problem thankfully!! Phew! :D

7. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

Its the sound card shutting down and switching on when sound is played, it occurs most when using external speakers.
    Its normal, apple hopefully have solved the problem in 10.5.3

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

That's strange on all the mbp's that I've owned I've never heard this pop noise even connected to an external speaker.

But however I've had this problem on the white macbook that I had.