Small battery test..iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guru101011, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Guru101011, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

Guru101011 macrumors member

Guru101011

Hi,

I am feeling that the iphone 4s does have kinda a bad battery. :(

I charged it up to 98% yesterday afternoon..

1. Brightness on Auto [Mostly inside the house]
    2. Reckless Racing [game] [5 levels]
    3. Sonic the hedgehog [game] [3 levels]
    4. cut the rope [game] [2 levels]
    5. 2 hours 30mins call (3G)
    6. few internet browsing on WIFI only
    7. [WIFI MOSTLY] A lot of Siri! a lot! basic tasks and advance meeting tasks
    8. While sleeping it dropped 7% from 31% last night...

SIRI COMMANDS
    • Meetings
    • Appointments
    • Stupid questions
    • Reminder
    • Calling
    • Dictation

[​IMG]

2. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

... you have to be kidding, right? Thats not too bad at all!

3. Guru101011 thread starter macrumors member

Guru101011

My iphone 4 once ran for 32 hours with nearly 10 hours of photography :S

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

gaming is a lot more processor intensive than taking pics..

10 levels on games.. what average 2/3 mins a level? Thats 20-30minutes of 'heavy' use. Same with Siri, it needs to use the internet every time you say something to it.

I used to get about 6/7 hours out of my 4, in all honesty, seeing as they're pretty much the same battery I'd expect to get the same out of the 4s, I'd say those are pretty good stats that you've got there :)

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It was predictable that the 4S would have to endure the same bad battery threads as the 4. There is nothing worng with your battery and you know it.

6. Guru101011 thread starter macrumors member

Guru101011

I do feel a real decline in battery :( I mean i can see it drop over and over again while doing something or on the phone :(

7. r3voLoLwuT macrumors member

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read...

If you don't want to see your battery being used, turn off the % at the top. :rolleyes:

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I removed my phone from the charger at 5:30 and just pulled it out of the holster at 8:10 and it still says 100%:cool:

----------

What?:confused:

9. midnightfalcon macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

My battery life is horrible I fully charged Friday night got the phone off the charger at 7 am. With medium-low usage it was dead by 430 that afternoon.

10. Karenl39 macrumors member

You think that's bad??? My phone was 95% charged this morning at 7:38am. I have only done normal things on it this morning. Text messages, check email, ask Siri a couple dumb questions, check facebook.

It is now 9:27 and my battery is at: 63% :eek:

11. Mr Bigs macrumors 6502a

Mr Bigs

Awwh you poor thing !!!!!!

12. Usual macrumors member

This is not bad my friend!

You used it a lot for a day and you had the day without finishing the battery.

I am not sure this can be named "bad" battery...

13. Guru101011 thread starter macrumors member

Guru101011

OK heres an example, i just used siri for 1:30 sec ok...2% battery gone from 100% as i just charged it now :S wtf

I think there is a software issue!!

I think thats a fault with a phone mate :(

14. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Siri is going to be very battery intensive. I don't think that should really be a surprise to anyone. Playing games is also very battery intensive.

I fell asleep with my iPhone playing an audiobook over headphones last night. When I woke up this morning, it was still playing, and had gone for more than 9.5 hours since I had turned it on. Along with that, it was checking email all night long, as usual. I lost less than 15% of the battery during that timeframe.

Your usage dictates how long your battery will last. Lots of Siri, lots of internet usage, lots of games, and it shouldn't be a surprise that your battery is taking a hit.

15. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

Well Siri is battery intensive, but only when you are actually talking to it right? Just having it enabled should not be a battery issue, right?

16. Vegastouch, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Looks pretty good to me.

17. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

7:23 of intense usage, plus the phone didn't die overnight (and would have stayed at above 30% if you turned off Siri at night) and you are complaining? Your picture is actually pushing me to buy one now lol.

Have you used a dual core android? Come back to me after you use it the same exact way.

18. davelanger macrumors 6502a

This bad battery thing is getting out of hand. When people say that the 4S has a bad battery is that compared to other iphones or other smart phones?

Because comparing it to other smart phones the 4S has a great battery, and that is all that matters. Also why are people complaining about their batter dropping over night? Shouldnt you be charging your phone over night?

Also shut off things that tax your battery that you dont need like bluetooth and wifi. Your battery takes a beating when its looking for those wehn you are not even using them. IF you want to use wifi or bluetooth then you can turn on those settings but if you are not using them turn them off.

If you are not near a wifi spot and its turned on, your phone is going to keep looking for a wifi spot that takes battery life. The same goes for bluetooth.

And I laugh at people that say they used their phones for 8 hours and it died. 8 hours of phone use is a lot. How is that even bad?