Small bubbles in the back glass of iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by belle93, May 2, 2011.

1. belle93 macrumors newbie

Hello fellow iPhone lovers!
    I own an iPhone 4. In some time, i've noticed that i have some bubbles on the inside of the backside glass of it. Here's a picture: http://img641.imageshack.us/i/imag0056r.jpg/

Then yesterday evening i noticed, that i where able to make a clicking noise with the backside of the two glasspieces, which got me worried. I therefore went down to the gymnasium i study at (who sold me the iPhone), and the IT guy there quickly explained that the bubbles were indeed signs of water. He then tightned the screws, so that i werent able to make the clicking noise anymore.

My questions are:

If it's some kind of water damage, and the back hasnt been tightned enough,is it then my responsibility if water got in? As far as i'm aware, my iPhone 4 has never been in contact with water, which is what confuses me most (maybe highest handsweat, but that should'nt be enough to cause such a problem - or should it?).

So what can i do about it, and will the normal Apple warranty cover the the "damages" (the phone is still fully opperational)?

Sincerely,
    Mikkel, Denmark

2. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

Some sort of moisture may have seeped in through the back glass through humid temperatures/condensation/etc.

As long as the moisture sensors haven't been tripped (look at the indicator in the dock connector - if the indicator is white, you may be fine, if it's orange - water may have gotten into the unit) Apple will give you limited support for the issue.

They may replace the back glass of give you a refurbished unit in exchange for that phone.

3. belle93 thread starter macrumors newbie

re

Thanks for the quick reply :)

No water indicator has been launched, which i guess is for my advantage.

Since Denmark doesnt really have any Apple store, how would you recommend turning it in, if you have any knowledge in that field? :)

-Mikkel

4. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

If you don't have any Apple Stores located nearby, your only option would be to send the phone by mail to European Apple support for an exchange.

You will be phoneless for a couple of days waiting for a refurbished unit, though.

If I were you, I would just continue to using your phone as is, since it seems to be working just fine. If you're concerned about looks, you could get a case or try buying a back glass replacement from a website.