small business accounting software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vega43, Oct 4, 2009.

1. vega43 macrumors newbie

starting a new small business and need some first hand advice. have seen bad write-ups on quickbooks 2009 for mac and so-so opinions for myob. what about quickbooks 2010 coming out soon? any others? neither have free phone support? $39.95? quickbooks you've got to talk with friggin india?

2. Robhth macrumors newbie

I;m looking myself. But am a qualified accountant starting another small business. Looking at Express and Gnucash. Will give feedback when down a further test....

3. snberk103 macrumors 603

Also depends where you are as tax requirements are different in different countries. I've got AccountEdge (formerly MYOB) that was discontinued in Canada for a few years and then reintroduced.

The thing about bookkeeping software is that it is only as good as the information you put into it. If the software is hard to enter data into, then you will likely fall behind. It doesn't matter how cheap a package is, or what kind of great reports it can generate.... if you don't put the info in its not very useful. So, get the one that you feel you will actually use.

Good Luck.

4. smilinmonki666 macrumors regular

An old post I know, but I am too starting my own small business. I'm looking into this. At the moment I'm using Billings for CRM & Project Management (Will also upgrade to Daylite but just testing at the moment.)

For Accounting I'm looking at:

Money by Jumsoft
    MoneyWell by No Thirst Software
    AccountEdge

I want to get it right first time so it makes life easier & more efficient.

5. SydneyCoyle macrumors newbie

user friendly software for small businesses

If you need full-accounting software, go for Quickbooks, but you can also get a more user friendly software like worketc.com, which is actually more than just a quickbook. It tracks not just your financials but your projects, too. Best for small businesses.