small business software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hvgotcodes, Oct 23, 2011.

1. hvgotcodes macrumors member

Ok, my spreadsheet system aint cutting it anymore. Need some software that meets the following requirements

1) Will work on snow leopard and lion
    2) Can track hours
    3) Invoice creation
    4) Track expenses.

Not too much; most software can probably handle those.

Would be nice if there was a companion mobile app so you could do things like take pictures of receipts and have them sync into your small business finance app.

What are peoples recommendations and thanx in advance...

2. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Billings is good for tracking hours and creating invoices. I know several lawyers and graphic designers who use it.

Billings Pro is for larger groups.

I'm not sure how far it goes as an overall accounting app, but what it does, it does very well.

3. hvgotcodes thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for this recommendation. Looks pretty nice. Im wondering if its worth it to just go with quickbooks -- which seems to be more of an accounting app that does what billings does, but more -- any thoughts?

4. KidPub macrumors member

Freshbooks, an online solution, is pretty popular for small businesses and consultants. www.freshbooks.com.

Perry

5. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

I second the recommendation of Billings. I use it for my freelance web development business. It does everything your looking for very well, with a clean interface and for only $40.

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

I use AccountEdge (formerly MYOB). It's full bookkeeping suite. It can track inventory, prices of the parts that you use to make stuff, billing rates, invoicing, A/R & A/P, some contact management, lots of reports. etc etc

Supposedly they will give your accountant a copy for free. So at the end of the year you just send your data file to your accountant, and they can prepare all of the forms and make the year-end adjustments.

Pricey, but full featured.