Small bussiness software - Workshops - Management, CRM, Billing, Reporting, cloud

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Monnieman, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Monnieman, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017

Monnieman macrumors newbie

My start-up is growing. Organizing it completely using email and an old old version of Filemaker is not cutting it anymore. Need help, because I can't really seem to find a software that meets my requirements. We organize workshops and this is what the software needs to do:

- workshops need to be scheduled/managed
    - individual clients data need to be managed
    - company has some medical like features: process of clients need to be kept, individual reports have to be written.
    - a invoice has to be send

Does anyone have a cloud based solution(s), example of a similar business and their solution?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Those are vague specifications and, as you delve more into your requirements, you'll discover even more requirements and preferences you haven't imagined.

Take a look at Zoho.com to see if their multitude of services would fit.

3. Monnieman thread starter macrumors newbie

We have a system now. It involved multiple businesses and an old version of Filemaker and is not linked to an agenda or software we can report on our clients progress. They participate in a workshop, but often require a follow up visit or individual guidance. Will look into Zoho again, but last time I checked I couldn't find a way to do the above.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

With a description like "individual clients data need to be managed" it would be a miracle if someone pointed you to a solution.

Any of the CRM services could probably be tweaked to fit but you've really got to get past the learning curve.

5. Geeky Chimp macrumors regular

We've recently developed a new internal management system and found that the new version of FileMaker has worked great for us. Have you looked at the features of the newest version?

6. Longer Lane macrumors member

Longer Lane

We use SuiteCRM (suitecrm.com). It's based on SugarCRM's CE but has evolved nicely. You can customise it to fit your needs and from what you are saying, that should be manageable easily. The best: it's completely free. No tie-ins, etc. the data is yours. We run it on an AWS VM at minimal costs. Of course, you can also go for a hosted solution. Up to your needs.