Small change when using Time Machine and Time Capsule

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theBigD23, Aug 28, 2009.

1. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

When the Sparse Bundle appears on the desktop when doing a TM backup on a Time Capsule, the icon displayed is now a blue Time Machine logo icon, instead of just plain white. Something small I noticed. :)

PLUS, when it's actually doing the update, instead of being stuck at prepared for a while, it says, "Calculating Changes" and shows a percentage, counting up. (this is when posts would come in about how long it's stuck in preparing, when it's doing a deep traversal) Very happy with this change!

2. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I like the "Calculating Changes...(xx%)", it's nice to know that your computer is actually making progress at something lol. However, on my Mini, TM seems to be very clunky and I get some screen tearing when changing between backups. This only happens in TM and only on my Mini, it doesn't do that at all on my UMB.

3. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I think the calculating changes is a nice addition and has not been mentioned. Many, including me at first, thought TM was stuck.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Either of you have a severely SLOW first TM backup after the SL update? Not slow due to being large, but just transfer-wise, like hanging up?

5. cmaier macrumors G3

Actually, mine went pretty fast. I had 8GB or so to back up, and it took about 3 hours (I backup to a ReadyNAS over wifi). That's much faster than it would have been under leopard.

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Yeesh...

I'm on a USB drive. It said 12GB to back up. After 4min it says "16KB of 12GB" and wasn't changing at all :mad::mad:

Edit: Looks like it got past whatever hump there was at the start...after going at like 0.5kbps or so, ugh...hopefully it'll keep up now!

Edit2: Yup, it's flying now, thank god, that was quite worrisome...