Small cosmetic issue on new MBPr.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fel10, Aug 25, 2014.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I got a new MBPr a couple of days ago, and today I just noticed this small cosmetic issue located on top of the volume keys. Should I even bother returning it, or is there a fix for this??? I got it at Best Buy, so I don't think how they are with exchanges because of small issues like this. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

2. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Try using some sticky putty and rub/erase/stick it off. Mine had a few scratch/dots like that, turns out to be some kind of residue left from the factory. An art eraser might work too. Hope that's the case for you as it was mine.

3. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

All right, I will try that. Thanks.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If the mark doesn't come off, and everything else is fine, I'd keep it but that's just me. :)

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Yep. Adds character. ;)

6. Cibike macrumors member

Cibike

Looks like some metal imperfection. I had similar dent on Air when I unbox it, for sure it is nothing that people are expecting right from the box on they new quite pricey laptop, but I did not return it since I have already first one that I have to exchange with some error preventing laptop to wake from sleep when I open display.

7. erure macrumors regular

It could be something stuck on the metal. Give it a good rubbing and it might come off.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Is it raised like a burr? If so, I would take it back because it would ever so slightly be possible for the screen to touch it and end up putting a nick in your screen.

I'm overly detailed neurotic about my new products from Apple, so this would drive me nuts either way.

9. jg321 macrumors 6502

As much as I want to say "it's tiny, just live with it", I know it'd annoy the hell out of me! If it doesn't come off with the suggestions, then I'd probably take it back.

10. Digimutant macrumors newbie

Digimutant

Funnily enough I have something similar on the bottom left of my palm rest, but they're little and unable to be removed. :(

11. Cibike macrumors member

Cibike

if it will be from bottom I will probably keep the machine, but in that spot you will always see that - if it no come off return it and ask for new one