Small help in 'Pages' please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FrozenShivers, Sep 3, 2015.

1. FrozenShivers macrumors member

Hey dudes, I've made a poster that's double sided A4 portrait in Pages, thing is, I also need to print some off in as a smaller, leaflet like size. Is there a way to do this without having to literally go in and re-edit the whole thing to a smaller size and sort out all my spacing etc? Like a magical scaling option that keeps everything in place? :D

Not sure if this would be done within Pages itself or in the print menu? Thanks in advance.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I would say load the paper size you want and pick "fit to page" in the print dialog box.

3. notrack macrumors 6502

...or save it as a pdf and then print it on the paper size you need.

4. babens macrumors member

Try selecting all of the elements of your design (I'm assuming you used text boxes for any text that may be on your poster) and Group them all together. I just tried this on a document of mine and once grouped I could resize doing the corner drag and it kept the spacing of all of the objects while scaling the photo elements and the text boxes appropriately. However, though it scaled the text boxes, it did not adjust the font size within them, so I still would have needed to then go in and adjust that manually within each text box.

5. FrozenShivers thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a shot when I'm next in work and report back :)

6. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 603

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    notrack's suggestion will work easiest. Print it as a PDF file. Open a new Pages document to the size of (smaller, leaflet) paper you desire. Drag and drop the PDF file onto the page and size it to taste. As a PDF file, Pages will see it like it's one big graphic, so you can size it to any size as if it is a .jpg or .png file.

7. FrozenShivers thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for the late reply, all sorted now, so a big thank you to everyone :)