Small issue: "show description"

Discussion in 'iPod' started by airfang, Jul 16, 2007.

1. airfang macrumors regular

Recently I downloaded an episode of TV show on my desktop and I copied it to my MBP to play it, everything is fine.

It's just that all other episodes (directly downloaded to this MBP) have little (i) icon at the end of the description field and when u right click on them, an option of "show description" will be included in the pop-up menu.

I also noticed this episode does have this little (i) icon and "show description" option here on my desktop.

I know I probably shouldnt make a fuss about this tiny issue, but cant help being curious how that happens...

Does it mean only the original downloaded copy has (i) and "show description"?

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Yes. Only stuff from the iTunes store has text in the "description" field. That field is not open to editing in iTunes by us users.

Unless you have this script of course. Then it's a breeze. :D

While you're at it, get this one too. It will batch change all selected videos to "TV Show" from the default "Movie" instead of having to do this one episode at a time (any video file you rip & drop into iTunes goes into "Movies" be default.)

3. airfang thread starter macrumors regular

thx for your reply, but the episode is originally from iTune store and was copied over to my MBP, will that make the description field disappear too?

4. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Oh, I don't know about this info disappearing (I'm in Canada and we don't get the privilege of buying movies & TV Shows from iTMS :mad: ).

I suppose if it's stored in the XML file like the rest of your meta-data (ratings, play count, etc) then yeah, if it leaves it's original library and goes to another I can see it disappearing.