Small lift on Retina screen... common problem? bad QC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ncts2012, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ncts2012 macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    I've had my retina macbook since about early August, and I have just noticed a small lift in the screen by the bottom right. It almost looks like something where if you push it in, it can snap back into place ( or it could honestly be a bend--- when i put the slightest push of a finger there it definitely moves ).

I have not really used the macbook at all as I am waiting on illustrator and other programs to be retina-fied , so Ive been using my desktop more. the laptop has sat on my desk and has only been uses there since i've gotten it. Catching up on threads here have prompted me to take a closer look at my display and thats when i noticed it-- the other side doesn't have it.

I was wondering if anybody else has this issue and whether or not it was just bad QCing... also is it something the apple store can look into for me?

thanks so much

2. ibebyi macrumors member

I think it's a QC thing. I've bought/returned/swapped like 9 macbook pros w/retina (not for this reason xD), and saw a lift in the screen in probably half of them. Not to mention some of them had hinges that didn't sit flush with the back of the aluminum casing.

Honestly, if the screen looks good, I'd keep it. You may return it and receive one with a terrible screen, which is probably the biggest dealbreaker in my opinion :)