Small mic for non-professional use

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Merlinus, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Merlinus macrumors newbie

I intend to take my MBP to lecture, seminars, meetings, etc...and one of the things I'm wondering is whether or not the built-in mic quality is sufficient?

What is a good mic that'll take minimal room and still be able to pick up voices clearly from the other end of the lecture hall/auditorium/conference room?

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I can't give you advice on another mic but can say that the internal one is not enough. Since it points at the user any sound coming from behind it would not sound good.

3. jarinehart macrumors newbie

IF quality is not the highest priority, IF price is a concern, and IF size is of concern, I would highly recommend the little microphones from www.giant-squid-audio-lab.com/.

I have used thier lapel mic on grooms for wedding vows, I've plugged the stereo mic into a portable recorder and thrown it on the table for a conference room recording and for some other neat little projects and have great success with them.

Just remember that if you are capturing audio from a distant source with a little portable mic, it won't be prestine, but it could be better than the internal mic of the laptop.