Small Network Trouble Using the Airport Extreme Base Station

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SpindlyMan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. SpindlyMan macrumors newbie

I am currently trying to setup a small network at my Mothers work and I have ran into a small problem. Here is the situation: I have ten iMac G4 that I have networked together using a NetGear switch. I now need to get internet to these ten computers. The hard part about this is I need the switch to get the internet from an AirPort Extreme in here office and the switch is located down the hallway in another room. I don't have the option of running a sing CAT5 cable from the Base Station to the switch it needs to be done wirelessly. I will include a link to twitpic (http://twitpic.com/1x1xsz) where I have uploaded a diagram that I drew to give you a visualization of my problem.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

What I would suggest is a wireless to wired bridge. There are many ways to achieve this with different products, but one of the (fairly) easy methods that I could suggest would be to purchase an AirPort Express and have it join your network wirelessly and extend it through its Ethernet port.

Edit: I left out the part where you would then connect the Express to the switch to share out the Internet connection to the iMacs...