Small nick in my new iMac :(

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Keva161, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Keva161 macrumors member

I bought my 27" iMac a few weeks ago and I just noticed a small nick on the left hand side of the outer bezel.

I first discovered it while running my fingers around the machines edge and thought if was a piece of dirt but after closer inspection, it looks like it has been knocked and a small piece of the bezel has been chipped out.

Not a huge deal as it doesn't effect the computer but not really ideal for a £1600 machine.

Anyone had this sort of issue before and will Apple replace it? I'm kinda hoping they don't try to blame me :/

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

It's not that they would try to blame you per say but it's the fact that you've had it for several weeks. Had you discovered the nick the same day you bought it and brought it right back you get an exchange without issue. It IS possible that you may have nicked it.

3. naz-dream-boys macrumors member

I dont think apple will replace but if it really bothers you that much you could always replace the glass panel. You can buy a brand new replacement on ebay for around £100

4. Dreamboy macrumors member

Dreamboy

Replacing de glass panel on a late 2012 iMac?

I think that the glass and LCD panel is now stitched together, so this is not an option anymore.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

TBH, if you didn't notice when you got it, and it's there 3 weeks later, you probably have done it without noticing.

6. Keva161 thread starter macrumors member

its not a nick in the screen/LCD. It's a nick in the metel surrronding the screen.

7. MacAlien macrumors 6502

MacAlien

This may not be the answer you want, but honestly, it took you a few weeks to even notice it. It doesn't interfere with anything. Sooo... Just live with it. Lol. And I'd be shocked if Apple did anything for you seeing as it could've been caused by you yourself. Would've been a valid return reason the first day or two you had it, but now? Not so much.

8. naz-dream-boys macrumors member

sorry didn't realise that it was the 2012 model :rolleyes: