Small Peice missing from my Ipod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Farhan360, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Farhan360 macrumors newbie

There is a small golden peice missing from my Ipod Touch 2G, It fell off when I opened my Ipod Touch to replace the battery. Does anyone know the name of the peice or the name of peice it fell from? Does anyone know where I can get another one of any? And if I get one how do I put it on? Please explain all the details.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm going to say, home button switch leg. Could you post a picture of it?

3. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

piece* and it is, like others have said, the home button probe to complete the circuit. May be part of the headphone jack which uses gold connectors to bend when headphones are inserted.

4. Farhan360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Small Peice missing from my Ipod Touch 2G

I know for sure that a peice is missing because a guy I know is a GENIUS with iphone and other phones and he checked my Ipod Touch and told me that there was something missing and without it my Ipod's Home Button will not work

----------

So its the golden peice for the home button but can anyone tell me where I can get or buy one (I prefer amazon but all suggestions are welcome). And when I get or buy one can anyone tell me How I can put it back on? Any links are also welcome.

5. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

So you said above, and its spelled "piece". And no Apple Genius will replace an iPod's battery. We swap it.

Well, you answered your own question, gold piece is missing, we said home button leg, and alas the home button does not work. Go back inside and put the part back.

6. Farhan360, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

Farhan360 thread starter macrumors newbie

I lost the peice and can you tell me what the proper name is? Now I need to know where I can get one or buy one. And im just supposed to put it in place and it stays?

----------

So as I asked before can anyone tell me where i can get the "peice" and how do I put it back in the right place. Can anyone also tell me the proper name for the "peice" because I dont know what to call it. Please try to answer all three questions.

7. warghh macrumors newbie

I think the OP just means that a guy he knows is just very technology savvy, not an Apple Genius.

Also, to the OP, the word "peice" does not exist. It's spelt "piece", which is what all the other posters have been saying.

A quick google has led me to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPod-Touch-...S_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item588f9d9a90

Not sure if that's what you're after.

8. Farhan360 thread starter macrumors newbie

No that's not it the golden piece is different, if you take the screeen of a Ipod Touch 2G you will see what I mean, it would be located right under the home button even after you take the screen and digitizer off, later when I take a picture I will show you guys where the place is from where it fell off from but until then I can only describe. If anyone has an Ipod Touch 2G then you could take the screen/digitizer off and see.

9. Farhan360 thread starter macrumors newbie

These are some pictures of where it fell off from my ipod.

Attached Files:

10. Farhan360 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what I NEED. Click on the picture for a bigger size.

Attached Files: