Small Plastic Piece in Connector Port

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kennetic, Aug 15, 2010.

1. kennetic macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently bought my 1st ipod touch (32gb) last Thursday and on Saturday a piece broke off.

I had my adapter plugged in, and as i was taking it out a thin piece of plastic came out with the adapter. I am not quite sure what to look for as I don't know exactly what that piece is called. I am VERY gentle with my ipod but this piece broke way too easy. When I handled the piece in my fingers it actually snapped in half on me. From the looks of it the piece seems to hold the metal prongs in place and some VERY slightly bending.

I went to the apple store and they said it's not covered in any warranty at all. Luckily I bought it at Wal Mart so I will exchange it tomorrow if I can.

My main concern is if this is a common defect and if it can happen again. Or, is it ok to run it without that plastic piece or should I go through with my plan to exchange it?

On a side note it has a stuck pixel anyways so I don't feel too bad about returning it :p Yet I got quite attached to it and so did my screen protector that I won;t use once I get a new one ;)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My wonder is how does Wal-Mart still have new G1 iPod Touches? This seems like it really isn't an issue and your's might have just been defective.

3. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

You should have no trouble,
    I successfully returned an iPod touch with water damage a year ago to walmart:D

4. ademuth93 macrumors regular

Minnesota: Land of the Lakes? You betcha!
    It's WalMart. It's not exactly the luxury brand of retail.

To the OP: I'd return it. Might as well give it a shot. Can't hurt, right?