Small plastic tab 'stuck' on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RossMacca, Jun 25, 2010.

1. RossMacca macrumors regular

I got my iPhone 4 yesterday, and I am super happy and impressed by it.

However, while i was inspecting every tiny detail of it, I noticed a small, transparent piece of plastic that seems stuck between the black plastic running around the side of the screen and the steel antenna band. It's located at the bottom left black band which divides the antenna. It isn't noticable when holding the phone normally, but I'm wondering if it is supposed to be there?

Can anyone else confirm that it is meant to be there or not?

( I don't currently have a camera to hand, but I'll upload a photo when I do )

2. RossMacca thread starter macrumors regular

I don't like double posting, but I'd really like to know if anyone else has this on theres. Thanks.

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I THINK I know what you're talking about, I had some clear plastic looking stuff sticking out between the steel band and the front screen glass. Turns out it was just glue. I carefully scraped it off with my fingernail and a little bit with and exacto knife.

4. p09n15i93 macrumors newbie

Heres a picture. I had it on mine too but i just removed it with a scalpel knife.
    [​IMG]
    Edit; Sorry about the linty screen. I wanted to leave the plastic on there until my Body Guardz arrived.

5. RossMacca thread starter macrumors regular

Yea thats it! Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks guys! :)

6. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I'm a little nervous because I had this same issue, except I tugged on the plastic and was able to pull out an approx. 1cmx1cm square of the stuff. What worries me about it, is that my piece was hanging out almost exactly at the "death grip" problem spot, left hand side right at the black strip.

Could this excess plastic many of us are seeing be a last-ditch effort to patch up the antenna issue very late in the manufacturing process? I'm probably just being paranoid, but I feel like my reception worsened after pulling this plastic thingy off/out of my phone.