Small request (downgrading pandora)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, Apr 8, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I need to get back to version 3.1.4 of Pandora but AFAIK this is impossible without Installous, which I don't want on my phone. Does anyone have the 3.1.4 Pandora .deb that they would be willing to share? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. loyalist macrumors 6502

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

How recently did you update your version of Pandora from 3.1.4? Did you check your Trash? If not, do you use Time Machine or another backup solution? You may be able to get the old version back that way. Also, if you are on Windows, you may be able to do a System Restore to get that version back if you remember when you last had it. Not sure if there's a Mac equivalent to a system resotore (even though I am a Mac user) but that may be an option too.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Talking about this pandora hack, does it work ok with 4.3.1?

5. loyalist macrumors 6502

Yes sir! On iPhone 4, 4.3.1 (redsn0w) and pandora 3.1.5. :)

6. mitsitsad macrumors member

too moral to download installous but not to hack pandora...go figure :rolleyes:

7. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Im on version 3.1.8 of Pandora using Pandora Skip Hack version 3.1.8 and it works fine...Thats the newest Pandora Skip Hack and the newest Pandora out. The only problem is if I skip too many in a row like 10-15 in a row it will freeze up pandora for about 10 minutes, not freeze but it wont play anything.

8. loyalist macrumors 6502

If I read correctly from others, ads still are present in the 3.1.8 hack. 3.1.4 or 3.1.5 hack works flawlessly without ads and unlimited skips. Does not freeze either.

Bet there's not even a big difference between Pandora 3.1.5 and 3.1.8.

9. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Yes ads are still there. How do you get around the 40 hour limit? Make another account?

10. wpotere Guest

Hack away if you like, but if you really like Pandora why not pony up the dollars to support it? It isn't that much and it gets rid of the ads as well as the 40 hour limit. Going through all that trouble to get something for free that is that cheap is pretty lame.

11. loyalist macrumors 6502

Never knew there was a limit. :confused: I'm sure i went over the limit too. Maybe I'm grandfathered in...dunno. And no, I never created another account.

12. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Paying for pandora doesn't give you unlimited skips, the whole point of the hack, that's pretty "lame" IMHO.

13. drummr macrumors regular

Paying for the subscription only gets rid of the ads, not the skip limit.

14. wpotere Guest

Really? I get enough skips per hour that I don't really need more. Also, you can easily setup another channel similar to what you are listening to and move back and forth. Sounds a little like an excuse to me. If everyone did this, it is possible that they would have to close up shop.

15. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Funny Grooveshark is free and I can play any song I can think of ON-DEMAND. I made a station on this song I wanted to hear and I had to listen to the station for a week 3-4 hours a day before I heard the song I made the station on.

Grooveshark has no annoying audio ads or skip limits or play on demand issues, but they charge for the mobile app which is why I only use them on my computer. And I dont see Grooveshark posting all these excuses about license issues or begging for money or limiting use.

16. gravytrain84, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011

gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Jango >>>>>>>>>> Pandora fwiw.

Check if out. Unlimited skips, no ads, and station customization.

LOL@ people in this thread who think pandora is going under because of that hack.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thank you.

18. fisherking, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011

fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i just jb'd, am at 4.3.1. want pandora w/o skip limit or ads, but...how do i install 3.1.4 (or 3.1.5?) i can find the ipa, but crashes if i try to install FROM itunes to my phone.

is there a place to ssh into my phone? or??

thanx, been trying to figure this out...

EDIT: am good, thanx!

19. wpotere, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011

wpotere Guest

I never said they were going under because of the hack, I said that it could cause them to go under. Having worked in the music industry, I know that they actually have to PAY to play the music; it isn't free. Because of this they have to have a source of revenue wether it is ads or a fee. If you hack all that out, they could lose that revenue.

For you that don't remember, Pandora almost pulled the plug due to money. If you like it simply support it. The rest of the "free" ones will eventually have to charge or load ads to support their endeavors.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/pandora_on_the_verge_of_closing_shop.php

Besides, they aren't charging you a lot of money. FYI, Groovshark is also a subscription service. Nine dollars a month so it isn't free either.

20. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I don't know why but that ipa gives an error in iTunes when I try to install it in my phone. Any suggestions?

21. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

You might want to install APPSYNC 1st.

EDIT, if this is against the forum policy, please delete my post.

22. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll try this, thanks