Small resolution problem with mbp and widecreen monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dadio2002, May 22, 2008.

1. dadio2002 macrumors regular

dadio2002

Hey all,

Just a little situation I am trying to figure out. I am using someone else's widescreen monitor for the day and right now I have to keep my mbp open because when I close it the screen goes to 1440x900 and then all i get is black screen. Do any of you know how to change it to a smaller resolution? When I open my macbook and mirror the display so then i can change it, it works fine then but as soon as I close it goes back to 1440x900. Its not a huge deal but I don't like when its open and using a monitor. Btw..the monitor is a Sceptre X23WG Thanks to all in advance

Mike

2. dadio2002 thread starter macrumors regular

dadio2002

3. kwfl macrumors 6502

maybe i didnt get it but when mirroring, the maximium resolution supported is the smaller maximum resolution of the displays. si mb supports only 1376x768 then that what u will get in your external dispaly.

you can have different resllutions if mirroring is turned off, you can go to apple/ sys prefs/ dispay and choose the resolution you want. when mirroring, if you choose a resolution that a dispay does not support, then it will be black.

4. dadio2002 thread starter macrumors regular

dadio2002

Yeah i figured that so I took it off yet it seems to be going back to max resolution everytime i close the mbp and wake it up with the monitor attach. Im pretty lost.:confused: