Small right click issue

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
UK
This is a small issue but still bugging me because I'm used to using my laptop a certain way. Basically I used to be able to right click by either tapping my trackpad with 2 fingers, or single clicking in the bottom right corner.

Ever since I had my MBP repaired (for power issues), it's only let me do one of these things. The trackpad settings in Preferences seem to make you choose between the double tap option, or the corner click option, but not both? I was most certainly able to do both before, and it just feels annoying without that ability. What am I missing or what's wrong?

Cheers!

mtip

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2010
Can be done. Here's how:

1. set your trackpad secondary click settings to "Click in bottom right corner"
2. open Terminal.app and enter the following command:
Code:
defaults -currentHost write -g com.apple.trackpad.enableSecondaryClick -bool YES
3. log out and back in
4. enjoy

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Can be done. Here's how:

1. set your trackpad secondary click settings to "Click in bottom right corner"
2. open Terminal.app and enter the following command:
Code:
defaults -currentHost write -g com.apple.trackpad.enableSecondaryClick -bool YES
3. log out and back in
4. enjoy
Thanks I'll get right onto that!

EDIT: Sorted! :) Slightly less important, but do you know how to speed up the right click speed? There's a noticeable (albeit very small) delay when right clicking with the two-finger touch as opposed to the solid button. Perhaps this is just because it takes a little longer to recognise and process the tap.

In Snow Leopard you can do both.

I guess you need a hack to do it in Lion.
Yeah that would make sense, because I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion, so I suppose it saved my previous preferences.

Last edited: