Small right click issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dangerous Theory, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

This is a small issue but still bugging me because I'm used to using my laptop a certain way. Basically I used to be able to right click by either tapping my trackpad with 2 fingers, or single clicking in the bottom right corner.

Ever since I had my MBP repaired (for power issues), it's only let me do one of these things. The trackpad settings in Preferences seem to make you choose between the double tap option, or the corner click option, but not both? I was most certainly able to do both before, and it just feels annoying without that ability. What am I missing or what's wrong?

Cheers!

2. Dangerous Theory thread starter macrumors 68000

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

I'm not sure you could ever enable both, but I may be wrong.

4. Dangerous Theory thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't remember ever enabling it to be honest, I just know I always used both methods depending on what I was doing.

5. windowstomac macrumors regular

I do two fingered tap (and always have) - bottom right doesn't do anything on my MBP.

6. iforbes macrumors 6502

At least in Lion 10.7.3 you can two finger click/two finger tap or single click in bottom left hand corner (or right hand corner) but not both.

Attached Files:

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

like above post says you have to pick one not sure how you ever had 2 working at the same time

8. mtip macrumors member

Can be done. Here's how:

1. set your trackpad secondary click settings to "Click in bottom right corner"
    2. open Terminal.app and enter the following command:
    Code:
    defaults -currentHost write -g com.apple.trackpad.enableSecondaryClick -bool YES
    3. log out and back in
    4. enjoy

9. JacaByte macrumors 6502

In Snow Leopard you can do both.

I guess you need a hack to do it in Lion.

10. Dangerous Theory, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

Dangerous Theory thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks I'll get right onto that!

EDIT: Sorted! :) Slightly less important, but do you know how to speed up the right click speed? There's a noticeable (albeit very small) delay when right clicking with the two-finger touch as opposed to the solid button. Perhaps this is just because it takes a little longer to recognise and process the tap.

Yeah that would make sense, because I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion, so I suppose it saved my previous preferences.