Small sample but ATT is AMAZING for me!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacintoshJosh3, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

So I understand I have had very little time with ATT as I switched from XX carrier yesterday on launch day but honestly the service is spectacular.

I live in Central OH near Columbus and have used the phone around my city a little but mostly from home but judging from the two different speed test appliactions I am using (one of which I used on my old phone/carrier) I am getting 3-4 times the data speeds in both download and upload, averaging around 3.9mbps down and 1.9mbs up.

So with all the ATT hate, and trust me I can believe it happens in NYC San Fran and other areas, I thought I would drop a line about how IMPRESSED I am with the overall coverage in my short time with ATT. I havent been with ATT since the original iPhone and I feel that things have greatly improved. From the time of the launch of the first Razor to the iPhone 2g I never had great coverage in my town and now it seems amazing.

This could all go down the crapper when I go to work tomorrow or visit some family in other parts of the state or take a vacation, but heres to hoping for continuing this good luck.

2. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

Yet where I'm at the fastest speed is STILL just EDGE. The promise of 3G has been whispered for 3 years now.

3. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Yeah me too. AT&T has bar none the best coverage in my area. I haven't dropped a call in YEARS.

But I've visited a friend in New York and I totally see why people in NY are pissed. I must've dropped like 20 calls that one week alone.

4. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Yeah people bash AT&T to me all the time. I've been really happy with them. I haven't dropped calls enough to make it a problem and I usually have full reception everywhere I go and if I don't, my fiance who has verizon also doesn't. However, their Customer Support is beyond horrible.

5. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

I think this can be a problem with all carriers, Ive been with Verizon and Sprint as well and sometimes you just don't have coverage. Still I feel for you and they should uphold there promise.

This I have heard with CSR's having zero ability to do anything but answer the phone and try and be curtious. I use to have horrible issues with ATT years ago, my bill was always wrong. I hope they have corrected that like their service in my area.

6. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Been with AT&T since its Cingular days (haha even back before when they bought AT&T) and never had any problems with coverage, and customer service. I love them.

7. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I have only good things to say about AT&T. Actually after I got the iPhone 4, my service has gotten better. Places where service was very poor are now pretty good.

8. tac73cle macrumors newbie

Same here. People love to bash AT&T. I guess there are problems in NYC and San Francisco, which are two really bad places to have problems (you would think ATT would saturate those areas with towers just to get the complaints to stop.) I've been with ATT for over 5 years now (Cingular back then), and I have just as many problems with coverage on my Blackberry that I carry for work. First on Alltel's network, now on Verizon's. Overall, I'm fine with ATT.

Now the iPhone 4 antenna??? That, I have a problem with.:(