Small Scratches - Sport Face - Very Disappointed

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hazeydavey, May 1, 2015.

1. hazeydavey macrumors regular

Very disappointed in the quality of the sport face.

I have worn $5 watches, a rolex, movados, Tags and numerous other watches.

I wear them in the yard, gym, anywhere and everywhere. Never had scratches.

I wore a long sleeve shirt last night, regular cotton. This AM I look at watch, and there are about 6 thin scratches on face of watch. looks like in the anti-glare material?

I'm returning this thing. All the care I gave it, never wore outside of going to work, very disappointed. I see a lot on the Apple.com forum saying the same thing.

Any others out there? I guess I should have gotten a Zagg...I ordered a Stainless with sapphire as I love watch, but too anal to deal with scratching.

On to July...

2. PeasgoodNonsuch macrumors member

I've actually found mine pretty durable, I've play golf, done yard work and even smack it twice now with my metal clasp on my seatbelt in my car and nothing. Perhaps you just got a lemon.

3. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Will the return be accepted now that you've scratched it?

4. hazeydavey thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm thinking whatever they coated it with is faulty. I have done nothing to cause so many scratches...it almost looks like it's from usage of the finger dragging. Guess my manly calloused hands are too much for the face ;-)

Going to check with support to see what they say

5. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

It seems many Apple products have the problem of having the anti-glare or fingerprint resistant coatings scratched. The glass itself is strong and very scratch resistant, but the coating isn't and so many of the scratches are actually scratches on that. I've experienced this with iPhones.