Small TV for 4K Apple TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Lowhangers, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Lowhangers macrumors member

Lowhangers

I am interested in buying a 4K Apple TV, but I have limited space in my living room. I need a TV for it that isn't too much larger than a 27-inch iMac that I have sitting on my coffee table. Maybe a 36-inch model?

Anyway, I looked on Amazon but had trouble finding small 4K TVs. Can anybody recommend a good model that would work on a coffee table?

Thanks if you have any info.

2. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

I think the smallest size you will see that’s acfually a TV is 40 inches

3. roidy macrumors 65816

Panasonic do a 40" 4K TV, the TX-40EX700B, and most other company's, Sony, Samsung, etc do a 43" 4K TV but I don't think anybody does a 4K TV below 40".

The only other option would be a 4K 32" monitor but then you'd a pay a premium and you'd be lucky if it truly supported HDR.

4. cube macrumors Pentium

Vizio had a 39" 4K, but maybe really a monitor (no tuner). Otherwise, the smallest 4K TVs are 40" indeed.

I think there are no 4K monitors that have a tuner or Dolby Vision.

There are about five 4K monitors no bigger than 32" that should have real HDR10 (three are 27"). None are 3D. The cheapest one is 1500 euro.

5. FocusFarmer macrumors newbie

FocusFarmer

I started out very similarly in Oct 17 to ease into 4K upgrades. A $400 HDR 27" monitor on sale for $250 was the ticket from Monoprice. You have to do some workarounds for sound, you won't in most cases be able to Airplay without a receiver, the ATV4k doesn't have optical out but you can use the headphone jack with a set of computer speakers,(i use Harmon Kardon's Soundsticks that i already had). So if don't have a surround sound system that should work. There are a lot of HDR monitors available but can get pretty pricey, find one that fits your budget which should get you glorious 4K content.