Small White Outline Flicker on Lock Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by larry918, Jul 18, 2013.

1. larry918 macrumors regular

Basically what the title says...starting yesterday, my MBA will occasionally display a white rectangular outline when waking from sleep and at the same time produce a "zip/crackle" sound. It doesn't effect my performance, but it is a bit annoying and I am worried if something is wrong - software or hardware? I can provide a list of apps that I have installed so far, but no photos because the issue happens at random. Any help is much appreciated!

2. rabidz7 macrumors 65816

rabidz7

3. larry918 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, but I'm more concerned about the brief white rectangular outline flicker.

4. larry918 thread starter macrumors regular

Managed to get a photo, sorry for the horrible quality.

Attached Files:

5. larry918, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013

larry918 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? I really hope its just a software issue, not a driver one.

EDIT: I've done the Apple Hardware Test, and it gave me a perfectly fine result.

6. lina231 macrumors regular

Do you still have it under warranty? If so, I would just call apple and see what they say. They're super helpful and could probably tell you what is going on with it.

As long as it's not acting up in any other way I wouldn't worry about it though.

7. larry918 thread starter macrumors regular

It's the new MacBook Air 13 inch i5/8GB/256 model. It's 8 weeks old, does that mean its still covered under warranty? I plan on updating to Mavericks and hope the problem goes away.

8. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

The warranty is for 1 year without AppleCare.

9. larry918 thread starter macrumors regular

So after weeks of the problem persisting, I deleted a few suspicious apps, reverted some settings to their default, and the problems gone!

:)

10. torsteinfromnor macrumors newbie

I have the exact problem. Does this happen to you anymore? I restarted the pc and now it is fine, but I don't know if it will happen again.