Small white spot on LCD 2012 MB Pro 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djtopcat, May 25, 2018.

1. djtopcat macrumors newbie

djtopcat

Man this recent Ebay purchase has been a headache. :( 2012 MB Pro 2.5 13"
    Went to fire it up and I see this small whitish spot (Lower left of screen) sorry pic sucks from my phone but you should be able to see it. Not exactly sure what causes it, but I did notice it shows up brightest on a white screen. The darker the screen gets it fades out more. Really weird. I've had computer lcds with black dead pixel dots, but this one has me baffled. My main question is would this be something worth contacting the seller about? I really hate to nitpick things, but not sure if it is something that will only get worse or is self fixable? Does a white spot on the screen effect value much? thanks. [​IMG]
    https://postimg.cc/image/c5l7tc77b/ [​IMG]

2. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Looks like a screen defect to me. Could have been causes from applying pressure to the screen, a drop, etc. Definitely doesn't look like a software issue.

Does the spot appear when using an external monitor?

3. Painter2002 macrumors 6502a

Painter2002

This totally looks like a pressure point on the LCD. Likely the previous owner closed the lid with something between the screen and keyboard (like maybe a pen or something), or something heavy was placed on top of the computer that pressed hard against the monitor shell.

I have had this on another MacBook Pro that I bought used, and it doesn’t hurt the screen and won’t really get worse. It’s more of an irritation being that these monitors are too beautiful to be marred by a small imperfection like that. If it bugs you, return it and get a different one (if the EBay user lets you), or stick with it. Should still be a fine computer.