Small yellow box keeps appearing next to the cursor in firefox 3.5?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by equalsabracket, Jul 3, 2009.

1. equalsabracket macrumors regular

I updated to firefox 3.5 and i've been noticing the appearance of an annoying unexplained yellow box next to the cursor which appears when i stop moving the cursor. I took a screenshot using grab. Any ideas what it is?

[​IMG]

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It kind of looks like a tool tip that's very small. Does it happen on all pages and all parts of the page? It could also be related to a add-on you have installed. Here's some directions to start Firefox in safe mode to see if it still happens, which will tell you if it's a add-on issue.

3. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, it's an add-on problem. Now i'll just find out which one. Thanks. :)

4. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, weirdly it's because of google toolbar. That's very strange, i would've thought a lot more people would've had the problem if it's to do with that.

5. qsnoodle macrumors newbie

I have the same thing and also cant get my google toolbar to work. I depend on the ease of the google bookmark icon.
    I reinstalled Firefox and that did not fix it. Now I cant seem to get firefox to start without telling me its still an application from the web and if I want to open it. Arg..