Smaller file size in quicktime

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JRayFilms, Sep 29, 2010.

1. JRayFilms macrumors newbie

I have a folder with some quicktime clips which I need the size of the files to be smaller. All the clips together is a total of 17 GBs. I am sending them out to someone who is putting together a video that will be on the web. I know I may be losing quality, but how can I make these files smaller?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can use MPEG Streamclip and its Batch List function to transcode multiple files to smaller ones, using the H264 codec for example.

What about using DVDs (4 x 4.7GB DVDs) and sending the original to your friend?

What format are the originals in and what editing application will be used by your friend?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It can be very frustrating when someone who does not know what they are doing try to second guess the person who does. I strongly recommend that you ask this question of the person who will actually do the work.

Tell this person which how many files you have, the sizes of each, and their formats. Ask him how best to send the files to him. He will not trick you into making his job more difficult. He will give you an honest answer.