Smaller more frequent updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Can, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Can macrumors member

How about smaller more frequent updates?

people tend to hold off for updates to come all the time with apple.

[rant ]
    I have personally been holding off from buying a MacBook pro only to get into ultimate depression today when there were no update to it. 7 months without a upgrade to the PRO flagship... Great.
    How about small updates frequently instead so people like me actually bought when I thought about it without thinking "maybe Apple give us a major overhaul next week" and then end up not buying.
    [/rant ]

Things like BTO graphics card added. Another time perhaps a few more hard drives to choose from. Next month new processors, etc. And then do the whole case redesign every two years.

At least if there is no update in 7 months adjust the prices perhaps?

:apple:

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Smaller, more frequent updates don't really make commercial sense.

Personally, I'm not surprised there wasn't an MBP update. They're not that old, and there was a small speed bump just a few months ago. June seems the likely date to me, in the meantime the MBP is a helluva good machine. I bought mine because I needed it right then. I was not at all upset that the 2.6 Ghz option appeared shortly after. Frankly, if you're always looking for the next update, you'll never buy anything.

3. Can thread starter macrumors member

I actually ended up buying a MacPro for the money I had saved up for the MacBook Pro update today.

And I actually feel like I made a good choice :apple:

(After my other machine recently melted/crashed I only have a very old Fujitsu notebook at the moment.)