smaller video kb size needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tanktowns56, Jul 18, 2008.

1. tanktowns56 macrumors newbie

I'm using super the open source video converter to make my iPod videos but they're coming out the same size as before converted this wouldn't be a problem normally but on an 8 gig touch a 700 meg video takes up a lot of wanted space. Super is set to a 320:240 scale size with an 800 kbs bitrate. I want the kb size smaller but without to much loss on quality. Any suggestions? Please note I am running windows xp and sending the movies out in mp4 format

2. Strategy macrumors member

Google a program called xvid4PSP. The title is misleading but its the best ipod converter ive found to date.

It has a nice preset for the ipod touch which I usually use but you can change the encoding for slightly worse video with a smaller file size. With the default settings, a 700MB avi file comes out to around 400MB after conversion. Its not great, but the video quality is fantastic.

If you want something a little faster, you can check out ipod drop. Its probably the simplest movie converter ever, you just drag your .avi files onto the .exe it and it rips them to .mp4

3. tanktowns56 thread starter macrumors newbie

What priority should I use on it idle or normal?

4. Strategy macrumors member

normal is what I use