Smallest iPhone 5 battery pack ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sarngate, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Sarngate macrumors regular

Been looking around on the internet for a small battery pack for the iPhone 5. I had a Mophie Juice pack Air for my iPhone 4S but having used this iPhone 5 with just a bumper for a while i really don't like the idea of going back to the bulky form factor ! ;)

The smallest thing i've found so far (which carries a decent charge) is the Power wallet from a company called iBattz, which features a credit card sized battery and compartment and connects via USB to any smartphone. The problem with that of course being that you have to carry a cable as well as the battery.

Ideally i'd love if somebody had found something similar to the Juice Pack Reserve from Mophie, but with a slightly larger capacity (700 mAh isnt much use) and lightning cable support.

Anybody found this wonder accessory ? :confused:

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Smaller means lower capacity. Keep this in mind when searching for a "smaller battery pack."

3. Sarngate thread starter macrumors regular

Sure, but some companies (such as Mophie) aren't maximising the size of the batteries within their packs. You could certainly fit more than 700 mAh worth of juice inside the battery pack i mentioned, for example.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

You'd be quite surprised. They are indeed maximizing the batteries in their packs. At least 95% of the volume in the pack is occupied by the battery. You just don't understand the energy density these batteries have. Mophies are 2200mah if I'm not mistaken, so they are DAMN dense with energy.

5. Sarngate, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

Sarngate thread starter macrumors regular

I understand the densities just fine. There are other brands which offer batteries of a similar volume to the Mophie i linked but with a higher battery capacity.

Similarly you can get battery packs for the same price as some Hyperjuice models which are the same size but have a much higher capacity.

Take a look at the Droid RAZR MAXX HD. It is only 0.04 inches thicker than the regular Droid RAZR HD, but manages to hold a battery with 50% higher capacity. Almost as if the regular version isn't holding as much juice as it could do really, isn't it ! ;)

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I'm not sure you understand my point... Whatever, it's not important right now...

I'm going to buy one of these pretty soon. Maybe you're interested in it... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Opteka-4000...663271?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item564d652b27