Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juniornds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
I have a smart battery case for iPhone XS Max and I can notice that sometimes, it is really sometimes, when I touch the screen, or raise to wake (to check the hours or notifications) I can see the symbols of the batteries (case + mobile). But as far as I know, It might only happen when plugging it to its charger or plugging the iPhone to the case for the first time (As I also checked on Apple website).
I’m kinda afraid my case or mobile has an issue and it is connecting and disconnecting during the day...
is there anyone with the same thing??
Tks

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Do you hear a beeping noise when it connects? I had that issue and a simple fix for me was to simply take it off the case and put it back on and fixed it for me and never had any issues since then.

juniornds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
I don’t, because it was in silence mode. I turned the volume on and I’ll pay attention till it happens agains.
Thank you

juniornds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
Do you hear a beeping noise when it connects? I had that issue and a simple fix for me was to simply take it off the case and put it back on and fixed it for me and never had any issues since then.

Do you hear a beeping noise when it connects? Cause even when it is not on silent mode I can’t hear it.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
When I connect to my charger to the smart battery case I hear a beep twice (I'm using the USB C 30 w Apple Power adaptor, thus the beep twice to signify the fast charging.

juniornds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
When I connect to my charger to the smart battery case I hear a beep twice (I'm using the USB C 30 w Apple Power adaptor, thus the beep twice to signify the fast charging.

But I mean, when it is not connected to its charger. If you take your phone and connect to the case, does the phone beep? Cause I hear no beep, I only can check by the screen showing both batteries.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If your smart battery case has no juice in it then it will not make a charging sound. But if you have a fully charged up case or has some juice in it, it does make a sound indicating that it’s charging.

Vdovin

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2019
I have a smart battery case for iPhone XS Max and I can notice that sometimes, it is really sometimes, when I touch the screen, or raise to wake (to check the hours or notifications) I can see the symbols of the batteries (case + mobile). But as far as I know, It might only happen when plugging it to its charger or plugging the iPhone to the case for the first time (As I also checked on Apple website).
I’m kinda afraid my case or mobile has an issue and it is connecting and disconnecting during the day...
is there anyone with the same thing??
Tks

Something has happened to my case recently and I also keep experiencing connecting and disconnecting all the time. I took it to the Apple store and they have ordered me a replacement apparently it’s a fault

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.