Smart battery case lightning pass through

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nicho, Dec 20, 2015.

1. nicho macrumors 68000

I bought the smart battery case a couple days ago. I like it, despite a few niggles (id like to see the case battery on the lock screen without looking at notification centre, and the coverage of the case is ever so slightly less, revealing damage to the screen that the last Apple silicon case I had hid)

I have one major issue, however - my lightning port doesn't seem to do what it should. It powers and charges fine, but nothing else works. Lightning accessories such as my B&W Zeppelins and the Apple sd card reader just do not register. If I have to remove the case to use them, the convenience has gone.

Does anyone else have the same issue or is mine a dud?

2. nicho thread starter macrumors 68000

Update: my iPhone's lightning port was at fault and didn't do those things either.

Resolved the issue by restarting the iPhone.

I wasn't aware the lightning port could fail on the software side like that. It may be a bug caused by the smart battery case?

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I'd assume it was just a glitch until you see the issue repeat.

I support over 400 iPads at my job, and I do a handful of hard resets every day for all sorts of things that on the surface look like they could be hardware issues. No sound, black screen, won't charge (or not appearing to), screen glitches, etc.