iPad Smart Case feels weird

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cyberius11, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Cyberius11 macrumors regular

The cover doesn't wrap smoothly around the back of my iPad Air. The first "section" bows out a bit so the cover doesn't lay flat against the back like the Smart Cover does. Very irritating but I wanted leather, not the cheap feeling polyurethane.

Any suggestions, anyone else with this issue, or is my case defective?

2. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I agree, love the feel, but ease of flipping the cover open and propping the iPad up isn"t very smooth.....I'm gonna play with it another day or so, might return it..anyone with just the Smart Cover have an opinion?

3. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

Mine wraps around my iPad air perfectly fine with no problems, prefer it to the original iPad Smart Cover actually and mine feels very premium, not cheaply made at all

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I like the smart case but the colors suck. I wanted one with the same blue as the smart cover.

5. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

Smart Cover or case?

6. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

Sorry I left that out. Smart cover

7. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

I loved the Smart Cover I had on my 3. No leather option for the air Smart Cover, which sucks IMO.

Also it cracks me up when I type ipad it doesn't capitalize the P automatically but it does Smart Cover. Never had that issue in iOS 6.

8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Mine autocapitalizes iPad.

9. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

Mine does everything but. iPhone. iOS. MacBook. Ipad.

10. isephmusic macrumors 6502

Lmfao

11. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

Agreed. lol

Never had this problem in 6. Da *** is wrong, and how do I fix it.

Smart Cover - apple - iPhone - iPod - ipad - MacBook - AirPort Extreme - iBook - PowerBook - Mac Pro - wtf.

Reset the keyboard dictionary and now it doesn't capitalize iphone. This is impressive.

Back on topic, I think I'm returning the smart case. Can't get used to the poor fitment.

12. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

In contrary, the Smart Cover for the iPad Air lays totally flat on the back of the device and the magnet can hold the cover at the back so it doesn't just flip around. Very impressive.

13. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

With the Smart Cover is it difficult to get the ipad propped up?, I feel the smart case needs to be perfectly folded the right way for it to stay propped up right

14. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I don't feel any difficulty in propping up the iPad Air, actually it has a lower (and better IMO) angle than the old Smart Cover for iPad 2-4.

15. JGWolven macrumors regular

I have the Smart Cover. Do not think I could deal with a smart case. It's quite easy to prop it up with the Smart Cover, the only "stance" I have issue with is setting the angle for typing. Otherwise, perfect.

16. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I got the smart case this time around because I wanted protection of the back and because the smart cover on my iPad3 would always pop off inside a bag. Other than that, I liked it.

I love how the smart case protects the entire iPad. I don't love how its only 3 sections instead of 4. Though I'm getting used to it and I found that I can fold the back to only 1 section which makes for holding the iPad easier. It took a day or so of doing this for the leather to stretch out a bit to make this easier.

Also, the headphone hole was too small for my headphones. Nothing a Dremel couldn't fix. Nothing like taking power tools to a new $80 case.

17. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

Taking the smart case back. Ordered a Poetic cover off Amazon for $10. I'll see how I like that, I simply can't justify $87 after taxes for this POS.

18. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Unfortunately mine does not lay flat or hold to the back. I'm going to ask for a replacement.