iPad Smart Case for new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DaDalle, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DaDalle macrumors member

Hey there,

I'm thinking of buying a Smart Case (not Cover) for my 4th Gen iPad. I know that it's fitted for a 30-pin connector, but I'll be okay with that.

But I've read some negative reviews about it, stating that the iPad isn't fitting perfectly in and that the case caused some scratches.

I'm wondering if this is true? Had you made any experiences with a smart case on and iPad 3 or even iPad 4?

Thanks.

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I just wish they'd build a smart case for iPad Mini

3. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Hi I had the iPad 3 with the smart cover case and I sold my iPad 3 to get the iPad 4 and it fits perfectly in there. no problems whatsoever the only thing is, obviously the hole for the connector is bigger because they did not redesign the smart case for the iPad 4. But otherwise the fit of the iPad 4 in the smart cover case is no different than it was on my iPad 3

I hope this helps

4. DaDalle thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot! I'll get one =)

5. syd430 Guest

The ipad 3/4 won't move around in the case. It just leaves awkward gaps along the edge which makes it look loose, even though its actually in there quite tight.

I eventually went back to my leather Smart Cover though. Could never really get used to the fugly extended bezel of the case even after a month of use.

If you don't mind the trade off of having the back scratched up, I'd recommend the Smart Cover instead. I also tend to just rip it off when I want to use it rather than folding it back.

6. glen e macrumors 68030

do a search - I tried two and they both fit bad...they were stacked up at the store with returns when the 3 came out...the other problem is the edge is sharp when holding...some like it, I don't...go try one out and make your own decision....IMO, there are so many other cases that are better....

7. Liquinn Suspended