Smart Converter pro

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sgwilliams, Jun 25, 2012.

1. sgwilliams macrumors newbie

Anybody else use this? Just tried it out to convert some mkv's. Was very fast and is dead simple to use.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i used the free version your right its very simple didnt like that you couldnt que a bunch of movies on the free version and i have Xilisoft Video Converter thats great too so there was no reason to also buy Smart Converter Pro but i agree its very easy to use

3. mic j macrumors 68030

No support for subtitles.
    No support for multiple audio tracks
    No support for DTS (not that I could find anyway)

Why would you want to pay $10 for that? I could maybe see the free version if you had not interest in the 3 items above. There are free transcoders that can do all of the above and they aren't hard to use.

Educate me, please.

4. sgwilliams thread starter macrumors newbie

It's definitely missing some key features but it worked great for converting all my sons movies that I had in iTunes to avi format for our portable DVD player which is why I spend the $10 and it quickly converts mkv's to mp4 for my atv3.

5. mic j macrumors 68030

Now that I know you were wanting to convert to avi, things become clearer. That's not something I do and have no knowledge of tools for that. I thought you were just converting mkv's to mp4's, for which there are a bunch of very good, and often, free tools. Thanks.