Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Decided to go with this combo and not bother with the sleeve. From the sounds it would be a tight fit and this way I can use the smart keyboard at home with the smart cover out and about

Went for the leather smart cover

baconcow

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2016
Decided to go with this combo and not bother with the sleeve. From the sounds it would be a tight fit and this way I can use the smart keyboard at home with the smart cover out and about

Went for the leather smart cover

This does not sound correct. From the macstories.net iPad Pro 10.5" review (Source):

A common misconception about the leather sleeve is that it can only fit the iPad with no cover attached, but it’s actually the opposite. The leather sleeve is best used when the iPad is attached to a Smart Cover or Smart Keyboard; otherwise, the device will be loose and it might slip out (even when the Pencil is in), which happened to me when I was testing the iPad in the sleeve with no keyboard or cover attached to it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
This does not sound correct. From the macstories.net iPad Pro 10.5" review (Source):

A common misconception about the leather sleeve is that it can only fit the iPad with no cover attached, but it’s actually the opposite. The leather sleeve is best used when the iPad is attached to a Smart Cover or Smart Keyboard; otherwise, the device will be loose and it might slip out (even when the Pencil is in), which happened to me when I was testing the iPad in the sleeve with no keyboard or cover attached to it.
only base it on the reviews on the apple site. hope this is true
[doublepost=1497328772][/doublepost]
I dont get it - what combo are you talking about? You can only attach one, the cover or the keyboard no?
Meaning using both. I don't mean at the same time. There will be time for different times for the smart cover compared to the keyboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.