Smart cover auto-on issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kalt, Dec 6, 2013.

1. kalt macrumors regular

So I have the smart case thing for my miniR, and sometimes when i open it it turns on but starts at the welcome screen, asking me to slide to open. Other times when i open the smart cover it opens up directly to the home screen. I have no password set and i have "auto-lock" set to never. I don't want to have to slide my finger to open it, isn't that the whole point of the smart cover?

I thought it may have something to do with notifications, but even so, if i have a new email when i open it, shouldn't it just show me a notification bar at the top (what i have email notifications set to)? That's what it does for new facebook post notifications, etc. But even when I have no new notifications sometimes it goes to the lock screen when i open the smart cover.

Do i have some setting wrong? I figured "auto-lock" would be it, but that's set to never. Or is this kinda like how I occasionally have to sign in to itunes with my password to be able to sign in to itunes with my fingerprint on my 5S? So I occasionally have to slide my finger to open the ipad in addition to just lifting the smart cover. It seems entirely random when opening the smart cover brings me to the home screen or the "swipe to open" lock screen.

thanks

2. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

Mine does that sometimes. I don't have a clue, and we're probably not alone. It doesn't bother me.
    P.S. This happens on my Air.