Smart cover cleans iPad? Come on.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by aperry, Mar 14, 2011.

1. aperry macrumors 6502a

Is it just me or did Steve take it one step too far by claiming the new smart covers clean the display when closed? All I get are hazy lines where the "folds" rest on the display.

Don't get me wrong, I love my gray poly smart cover, and I personally feel that the smart cover is the most innovative feature of the new iPad......but if it's supposed to be cleaning the display then it's not working as advertised!

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yeah, a little too much reality-distortion field there. Can't possibly clean the screen just lying on it, but at least the microfiber lining shouldn't leave any significant marks on it like the Marware case I have for my iPad 1 does.

3. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I'd have to agree with you on that one too. I do really like my smart cover and have no plans on getting rid of it but I just get the vertical lines where the 'folds' are too.

4. alan111 macrumors regular

I just wish it had a back cover too. Kind of dumb that it only protects the front. Still can't wait to get mine and try it out for myself.

5. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I've actually noticed faint lines on my screen from the creases of the smart cover. They wipe of easily, but still....

6. tellemfred macrumors member

I noticed the lines on my screen as well and it's very annoying. They're marketing a product that cleans your screen and it's doing the exact opposite. I have to clean my screen after having the cover on. That's ridiculous IMO.

7. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

MacRumors never ceases to show me their unbrilliance. Do you expect a cover that's lying still without any wiping motion to clean your screen? You have to be carrying it, moving around with it, have it rock in your backpack/satchel for the cover to menially clean tbe screen subtly.