Smart cover color health care professionals?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by katyoshi, Mar 25, 2011.

1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

Just want your opinions...what do you think is a okay color to use in the health care settting for smart covers? I was thinking about either the red leather or blue polyurethane smart covers. I was leaning toward the blue poly but was not sure how it would look in that setting as a health care provider/professional to patients? I was also looking into the poly one since its cheaper and it seems easier to be able to take more everyday wear such as sliding in and out of my backpack. :confused: please help...I really like the blue poly look as you can obviously tell. :D

2. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Black leather on mine, gives it a professional folio look. The blue one might be good for inpatient settings.

3. Aries326 macrumors 6502

How are you guys using your iPads in the hospital? Citrix? MediMobile?

4. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Ditto.

5. eyespii macrumors 6502

I use black leather on my black iPad. Matches my black iphone and black bag too.

6. Bigchris macrumors member

Black on mine too, with the Carbon Fiber Black Skin too. Looks very nice and professional too.

7. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

Depends. Some clinics i'm at uses allscript, ahlta (no wireless access with ipad at all cuz its military), etc. I've been using Epic at major hospitals here and there's an app for that. :rolleyes:

8. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

That sounds sick. Can you post a pic? :D I was looking into that but don't know where to buy a solid quality carbon fiber black skin for the back. Any suggestions on companies to buy from? I'll look into the blue poly smart cover and maybe the black or red leather one. So I'll just switch to black in outpatient and blue to inpatient since blue is a common color especially in hospital settings. lol...:p

9. glen e macrumors 68030

icarbon.com

10. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

Depends on how you use it.

If you're going to be handing it back and forth to patients, then you don't need a smartcover...you need a case. They will drop it at some point, that is a certainty.

If you're just using it for personal use in/out of a bag, then just go with the color that you like the best. I went with the Tan leather front on a black 3G with a Wrapsol to protect the back. Couldn't be happier...although I've ordered a Vaja Libretto just in case. ;)

11. leenak macrumors 68020

I would say the only covers to avoid would be orange and pink. I think the blue would look nice but also the green is a nice, subtle color as well.

12. Bigchris macrumors member

Here you go, I bought it from iCarbon.com.

[​IMG]

There are other companies out there that make them, I just liked how this one was made.

13. Hmac macrumors 68020

There's an app for Allscripts too. Works well for iPhone and iPad, but I prefer to access the desktop version via Citrix on the iPad - I have that on my Citrix desktop, along with Meditech. Works very, very well in our network.

As to cover color....really? Who would care?

14. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

White iPad with Blue cover would suit a medical environment IMO, but its your iPad, make it personal, make it what you like.

15. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone! I went with the blue polyurethane smart cover and ordered on apple.com. Other online stores had the same thing for a more expensive price, such as amazon :confused:

As for thet back protection, hopefully the Enki genius cover will come out soon to supplement the smart cover. Otherwise I was going to buy something like zagg, invisible shield, wrapsol, etc, depending on which is better. not sure about best skins ever although they were cheaper, it seemed to have a yellow tint after a while, noticeable mostly on my mbp so I took it off and left my mbo naked. Anyway, I had it on my iPhone 3GS and it also changed colors. Does zagg, invisible shield do this? Well the carbon skin looks good too. :) sorry my post is jumping around in topic.

16. nishijb macrumors newbie

The things people ask advice for... as if there is an ideal color for health care professionals. Hmmm... ideal color for students? for lawyers? for teachers? ...

17. zoman504 macrumors regular

And yet you still comment in thread, hmmm. God forbid you just answer the question and offer up insight, if you even have any.

Personally, I went with blue. Blue or grey would be good.

18. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

It's actually www.iCarbons.com