Smart cover for iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Draganime, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Draganime macrumors member

Does anybody know if this exists, like the exact same iPad smart cover but for the iPhone 6+?

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

3. drogba macrumors member

would be a pain in the butt to use a smart cover wouldnt it? how would we keep it folded back it would be all wobbly no?

4. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Once you flip the cover open, your hand that's holding the phone can keep the cover in place. It will require an extra movement but I'm sure it can't so bothersome that no one would use a smart cover.

5. Draganime thread starter macrumors member

well it would go behind the phone so your palm would keep it in place quite easily.

6. AML225 macrumors regular

Would love a Smart Cover. It doesn't look like Apple will be releasing them but I'm sure a third party will.

7. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I've been looking for the same thing. Kind of what the S5 had when it was released. Like said earlier, a third party will come out with one, hopefully.

8. MauriceMoss macrumors member

MauriceMoss

But it would just be a regular cover. The thing that makes it smart is that it wakes/sleeps the iPad. The phones don't have that capability built in.

9. Glene macrumors 6502

looks like twelvesouth is gonna make one..and yes its splitting hairs, it's not a "smart" cover...no concern to me.

10. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

Link? Cant find anything on it! Also this is an excellent idea!

11. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

Any updates on this? Seems like a genius idea!

12. UMRebel macrumors member

I'm looking for a folio case like this too. The closest thing I have found to it is the Incipio Highland, which looks pretty good. I only wish the bottom of the case wasn't open. I'd rather it be a closed bumper style with cutouts for better drop protection. Maybe we will see more options in the next several weeks.

13. raffaelegjr macrumors newbie

Apple should have created this case already. They knew by making a phablet that people would use it instead of an iPad Mini. :apple:

14. Draganime thread starter macrumors member

that looks nice! just wondering if theres any way that the front cover is going to stay still e.g. magnets or something or will it just flap around

15. UMRebel macrumors member

Good question. I'm not sure & their site doesn't say. They had these at AT&T yesterday, but I was afraid to take it out of the box in the store since I wasn't purchasing my phone there. I haven't found any reviews on-line of anyone who actually has the case.

16. thedavis5 macrumors newbie

17. neotope macrumors regular

When I went to pick-up my iPhone, I stopped at Best Buy and they had some flip style cases:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-flip-case-for-apple-iphone-6-plus-black/8451771.p?id=1219336295042&skuId=8451771&st=categoryid$abcat0811006&cp=1&lp=7

When I used to jailbreak there was an app that would use the proximity sensor to mimic the smart case functionality on an iPad. I found the flip case annoying on a phone but it is nice to have more protection on the screen.

18. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

Just wish for the both of these the cutouts at the bottom and top were more protected

19. MikeeV9 macrumors member

Yeah I know what you mean, which one did you end up getting?

20. wytwolf macrumors regular

the moshi senscover looked pretty good and you could to the swipe to unlock. It would work great only for the touchID on my 5s or passcode.

21. michikade macrumors regular

michikade

I ordered a folio for mine off of amazon for a couple bucks for extra protection while I wait for LifeProof to release their case. I think a Smart Cover-like item is a brilliant idea.

22. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

Neither I like revjams style but they dont have a release.