Smart Cover for the Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cool Pup, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I've been thoroughly enjoying my Plus as a way to watch videos and read. So much, in fact, that I've been using it for this task more than I've used my Mini, which was usually my go-to device. The one benefit to using the iPad is the Smart Cover for use for typing and propping up.

I came to thinking that the iPhone Plus could benefit from such a product. The Smart Cover for iPads is such a great tool to use to prop up the device on its own so I could set it on my nightstand to watch media without needing to balance it against something.

I know some cases like Spigen have "kickstands" for the back of the case, but I like the Apple Leather case and would like to continue using it.

While it's not likely Apple releases a Smart Cover for the phone, would you guys want one? I am hoping that a third-party company will step in and utilize this potential market because having a little flip stand would make this device far more useful to use as a tablet as well as a phone.

I plan to keep my Mini around still for battery reasons and for an alternative to my phone, but I'm really interested in the idea to have a way to balance my phone up in the same way I can use my Mini with its Smart Cover.

2. sethlution macrumors regular

I have a smart cover like case for my 5S, so I'm sure someone will eventually make one for the 6/6+ as well :D

3. Cool Pup thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Oh cool, I didn't know they made those at all. Could you link to what you've got?

4. Koziakauzu macrumors member

I think that smart involves having a magnet to lock/unlock the device. If you simply want a flap, someone will make one eventually if not already.