Smart cover hinge damage/scratches?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seong, Feb 1, 2012.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I've recently noticed that there are scratches on my smart cover hinge (NOT MY iPad), which doesn't look like a big deal in the picture, but it's noticeable in real life. My iPhone can't do macro shots, so sorry about that.
    Is this a common thing for everyone? I have none of the protections such as back cover, sgp screen film, none. Just my iPad and a smart cover.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Gosh, 500views and no replies?
    Does this mean that I'm the only one with the problem like this?

3. Macman45, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

This has been covered here before, and images showing the same type of damage have also been posted.

I stopped using my smart cover after just a day. Some people say that a small piece of tape on each hinge prevents this type of thing, but I choose to use different covers now.

4. seong, Feb 2, 2012

seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Thanks for clarifying on it. I was thinking of bringing it to Apple care or genius for replacement if this is faulty.

5. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Do people on this forum actually use the devices they buy, or just sit around and look for issues with them?

6. taipan61 macrumors 6502

when i awake i take it from it's altar, pour the anointed kool-aid over it, then worship it like the deity it is...:p:D

LOL

7. seong, Feb 2, 2012

seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Wow. That's a bit offensive. I wasn't getting mad at the scratches, nor was I exaggerating.
    Do you realize that I've just noticed this few hours ago? While I was folding the smart cover, I just found this scratch, and wanted to see if this is anything normal.
    I don't have the time to look around my device 24/7, trying to find anything defective and get it fixed for free. Nor am I that cheapo. If you have nothing to help me on this, then why would you even bother posting a on this thread.

----------

And I don't know who did it, but apparently all of my post + the post of a person who was actually giving me valid information, has been down voted. And the person who actually gave no useful information at all was up voted.
    I wonder who it is.

8. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

My smart cover has been thrown into some pretty tough spots and it has come away unscathed, no scratches, no nothing. It does have some Nutella that seems to have irreversibly fused itself to the plastic, but other than that it's peachy.

Looking at your pics, I think you should just deal with it. It's barely noticeable in magnified pictures, and isn't on a piece of your iPad/cover you ever look at really. If it was on the screen, sure, but I couldn't imagine wasting my time going to the Apple Store over something like this.

9. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Yea, just wondering if I was the only one who had this problem, as I haven't seen threads covering this recently. Thanks!

10. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

No worries. However, I do have a friend whose iPad got scratched by the smart cover where it attaches. You might want to check for those too, because those are on the actual device, and therefore suck.

11. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Yea, I've actually seen that thread while searching for my problem, but no, I don't have scratches on my device. It looked pretty bad though.

12. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Meh... Never mind not even worth it.